This is the perfect summer salad, dig in!
- 1 breast of chicken for two people or leftover roast chicken
- 50 g flaked almonds
- 60 ml natural yoghurt
- 160 ml home-made mayonnaise or shop-bought
- 1 large tablespoon of curry paste
- 1 tblsp mango chutney
- 75 g jumbo raisins
- 75 g dried apricots
- 1 bunch of scallions
- bag of mixed leaves
- fresh coriander
- salt, black pepper
- bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Poach the breasts of chicken first in a gently simmering water flavoured with bay leaves, cloves, crushed garlic and cinnamon bark. If using left-over chicken, remove all# the flesh and chop roughly.
- Grill the almonds until golden brown and place to one side.
- Mix the mayonnaise and the yoghurt together first and then add the curry paste and the mango chutney.
- Add the raisins, half of the scallions chopped, the apricots sliced and half the almonds.
- Slice the chicken into medallions and add to this sauce. Cover and place in the fridge to chill until needed.Serve on top of mixed leaves; sprinkle the remaining scallions and almonds on top and finally chopped coriander.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes