Pan fried chicken served with a creamy mushroom sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts (skin and thigh bone still attached)
- 75 g plain flour (with seasoning)
- for the sauce:
- 30 g butter
- 200 g wild mushrooms (oyster, chitake, chanterelle etc). 200g spinach
- 300 ml cream
- 60 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 40 ml white wine
- freshly chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Make sure that the skin on the chicken is smooth, without cracks and is coating entire breast. Dip the chicken in flour, on both sides.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little drizzle of oil.
- Pan fry Chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes or until nicely browned (not too dark)
- Transfer to a baking sheet and continue to cook in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes-depending on the size of the breasts-Make sure it I fully cooked-Cut into the centre with a knife just to be sure.
- Meanwhile reheat the pan on which you cooked the chicken.
- Melt the butter and gently fry the mushrooms. Season as required. Sometimes I just put a little salt on the mushrooms at this stage.
- Pour in the white wine and allow to reduce.
- Add the cream and parmesan cheese at this stage and allow the mixture to come to the boil.
- Next add in the spinach leaves and chopped parsley and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the spinach is cooked.
- Taste the sauce at this stage and correct the seasoning.