A lemon dish with a twist
- lemon possets:
- 600 ml double cream
- 110 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lemons (juice)
- black pepper butter biscuits:
- 175 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 250 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- icing sugar for dusting
- Lemon Possets:
- Pour the cream into a large saucepan and add the sugar. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Strain the mixture into a jug before pouring into the ramekins. Leave them to cool and refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving.
- Serve with black pepper biscuits.
- Black Pepper Butter Biscuits :
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F/Gas 3).
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a food processor.
- Roll small pieces of the dough into thin lengths and trim to an even length.
- Place on a greased tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until they have spread out but are not coloured.
- Cool and dust with icing sugar.