A tasty gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and vegan dessert.
- 200 g brown rice (short or long)
- 1 l rice milk (soya milk or dairy milk can be used also)
- 2/3 tablespoons of brown rice syrup
- 1 vanilla pod (or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla)
- 300 ml carton of soya cream
- 2 fresh mangoes
- Wash the rice well and place in a heavy based pot along with 750ml of rice milk and the vanilla pod. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Lower the heat, place a tight lid on top and simmer 45 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla pod, slice in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and add to the cooked rice along with the rice syrup.
- Stir in the soya cream and extra rice milk to create a creamy consistency. Check the sweetness and place in an oven proof bowl.
- Put in the centre of a pre-heated oven at 190°C (375°F/Gas 5) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Peel and slice the mango into thin segments. Place the rice pudding in serving bowls and arrange the mango on top.
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Muffuletta Sandwich
- Red Cabbage, Apple: St Patrick's Day Alternative
- Layered Spinach And Ricotta Crepes With Sauté Mush