An unusual twist on the crumbly, buttery treat!
- 1 tsp finely chopped lavender blossoms (approx. 3 lavender heads )
- 110 g organic caster sugar
- 220 g unsalted butter
- 300 g organic unbleached plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F, Gas 3).
- Mix the lavender with the sugar then lightly cream it with the butter. Sieve the flour and the salt into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix together to make a soft dough. Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out to approximately 5mm thick. Cut into shapes using 8cm cutters. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a little caster sugar.. Bake for 15/20 minutes or until a pale gold colour. The shortbread will become crisp on cooling.
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Muffuletta Sandwich
- Red Cabbage, Apple: St Patrick's Day Alternative
- Layered Spinach And Ricotta Crepes With Sauté Mush