The simple green salad gets a make-over
- selection of lettuces that are available
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- 5-6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs; basil, mint, chervil marjoram
- Try and choose small leaves for the salad. Wash well and shake to remove any excess water. Toss in a selection of herb leaves.
- Combine the shallot, vinegar, and salt in a bowl and whisk in the oil. When ready to serve toss the dressing with the leaves.
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Red Cabbage, Apple: St Patrick's Day Alternative
- Vegetable and Tofu Kebabs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Muffuletta Sandwich