No recipe collection is complete without this little number.
- 20 g parma ham (bake on tray 8mins 160°c)
- 4 croutons (bread and olive oil baked)
- 100 g diced smoked chicken
- anchovy mayonnaise
- parmesan mousse
- 100 ml whipped cream
- 2 sheets gelatine
- cos and rocket salad
- 1 tblsp vinegar
- 15 ml olive oil
- worcesthire sauce
- 2 egg yolk
- 100 g parmesan
- Make mustard dressing and reserve 1 third.
- Soften gelatine in cold water.
- Drain and add to 50ml hot water to melt. Add this to the remainder of the Parmesan dressing.
- Leave in fridge for a few minutes till it almost begins to set. The consistency should be a little more set than cream.
- In a blender put mustard, vinegar, egg yolks, garlic, cayenne, sugar and salt. Blitz and gradually add your oil. If its too thick loosen with a little warm water.
- To Serve:
- Place salad at the bottom of the plate. Next place the chicken on top, followed by the croutons. Take a tbsp and quenelle mousse (nice shape) on this. Put baked parma ham and finish with anchovy mayonnaise.
More by Thomas Haughton:
- Chicken Caesar Salad: Oldie, Good Foodie
- Free Range Pot Roast Chicken with Crisp Chicken Skin Crackling, Thyme Roast Potatoes and Glazed Veg
- Bacon and Potato Cake with Cabbage Purée and Caper Mayonnaise