A pasta dish brought to life with fresh herbs.
- 1 packet of tagliatelle
- 500 g firm courgettes (sliced thinly)
- 500 g fresh peas
- 1 bunch fresh basil (very finely chopped)
- 1 tblsp butter
- 2 shallots finely
- 1.5 cup fresh cream
- sea salt
- fresh parmesan
- coarse ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta as per packet and when cooked rinse in plenty of cold water, drain and set aside.
- Cook the peas in plenty of boiling water for 3 minutes. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a wide pan and gently cook the shallots for 3 minutes. Add the courgettes and cook until they are soft. Add the cream and the basil, and the peas, bring to a boil, reduce slightly, and season with salt.
- Toss the pasta in the basil cream sauce, using a tongs to coat it with the sauce. Serve on warm plates with grated fresh parmesan and pepper.
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Vegetable and Tofu Kebabs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Muffuletta Sandwich
- Halloumi and baby potato skewers