Scallops like you've never seen them before.
- 12 scallops
- 4 tblsp aioli
- sakura leaves
- 1 fennel
- 1 granny smith apple
- chopped fennel
- mixed sakura
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 ml olive oil
- 100 ml turmeric sunflower
- curry powder
- lemon zest
- Mix garlic, mustard, vinegar, egg yolks, curry powder and seasoning gradually in a blender.
- Add olive oil if the mixture becomes too thick.
- Also add a little hot water. This will thin it but also help to stabilize the aioli.
- Fennel and Apple:
- Slice the fennel very thin.
- Grate peeled apple and add to fennel.
- Mix with a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, sugar and chopped fennel.
- Leave to one side for 10mins to allow the mix to soften.
- In a hot pan, sear scallops lightly, season and allow to take nice colour.
- Put a teaspoon of butter in pan and allow them to go golden brown. Then turn and allow to cook for another minute.
- Deglaze them with lemon juice.
- To Serve:
- Place a small spoon of aioli on the plate and spread out. Place fennel salad on top followed by scallops. To finish use Sakura leaves with a little olive oil.
More by Thomas Haughton:
- Chicken Caesar Salad: Oldie, Good Foodie
- Free Range Pot Roast Chicken with Crisp Chicken Skin Crackling, Thyme Roast Potatoes and Glazed Veg
- Bacon and Potato Cake with Cabbage Purée and Caper Mayonnaise