Try this utterly irresistible dessert!
- 450 g shortcrust pastry
- 230 g strawberry conserve
- 1 punnet blueberries washed and dried
- 100 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 100 g icing sugar
- 100 g ground almonds
- 25 g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g flaked almonds
- Grease a 12" tin or 1 muffin tray.
- Roll out pastry and line the tin and trim the edges.
- Spread strawberry conserve over the pastry.
- In a bowl place the butter, sugar, almonds, flour and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Spread this over the strawberry conserve and sprinkle with blueberries and flaked almonds.
- Bake at 180°C for 30-40 mins until golden brown on top.
- Cool on wire trays.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox