This light, fruity mousse is perfect for dinner parties!
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 ripe mangos
- 100 g sugar
- 1/2 pint cream (semi-whipped)
- 2 leaves gelatine
- 1 floz water
- Peel and dice mangos.
- Place in a small pot and add 50g sugar.
- Cook until the sugar has dissolved and the mangos are soft..
- In a small bowl whisk the yolks and remaining sugar over simmering water (this pasteurises the egg yolks).
- Soak the gelatine in water for 5 minutes.
- When the yolks are pale and thick, whisk in the gelatine until dissolved.
- Fold mango puree into the egg mixture and then add the semi-whipped cream.
- Pour into 6 plastic moulds and allow to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones