Try these French pastry treats.
- 4 large peaches (skinned, stoned and halved)
- 115 g butter
- 160 g caster sugar
- 50 g honey
- for the custard
- 3 large egg yolks
- 80 g sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 2 tblsp corn flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- egg wash
- 1 egg
- 2 tblsp water
- whisk the egg and water together
- Bring milk and vanilla to the boil. Remove from heat. Separate eggs.
- Add sugar, corn flour and egg yolks to the mixture and whisk.
- Add milk and return to heat until a thick consistency.
- Roll out puff pastry, cut into rounds and place on a greased baking tray. Place butter into a frying pan (preferably flat pan), medium heat. Place peaches (skinned and stoned) on pan and top with a coating of sugar. Caramelise.
- Spoon some crème patisserie into the puff pastry and place a peach on top.
- Drizzle with honey and put into the oven pre heated at 200°C for 15 mins.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox