This recipe is quick and easy to make.
- 4 tblsp fine bread crumbs
- 2 tsp ground hazelnuts
- 6 leaves chopped sage
- 2 beetroot (cooked)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 20 g butter
- 100 g baby spinach
- 3 scallions (sliced)
- Mix the breadcrumbs, nuts and sage together, season. Coat the liver in the dry mix. Heat a pan, melt some butter and fry the kidney and liver, 2mins each side for medium.
- Slice the cooked beetroot, allow 3 slices per portions. Again melt a little butter in a pan add the beetroot sprinkle with a little brown sugar, turn the slices over and add a dash of balsamic vinegar, season and reserve.
- Over a hot heat cook the washed spinach and scallions in their own vapour, season.
- Arrange the beetroot on the plates, next the liver and the kidney on top, then the spinach.
David's note: Allow one kidney and two slices of liver per portion.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce