Jazz up some duck eggs in this enticing pasta dish.
- 4 eggs
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 500 g purple broccoli
- 200 g smoked bacon
- 400 g fresh linguine/ tagliatelle
- 1 head cauliflower
- 250 ml cream
- 250 ml water
- 20 ml truffle oil
- Cauliflower Puree
- Cut the cauliflower into small, even sized florets. Place in a pot with the water, cream and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15min or until the cauliflower is soft and easy to crush. Pour into a jug blender and blend until smooth.
- Broccoli Linguine
- In a hot pot fry the bacon until crisp. Turn the heat down and put in the broccoli along with a knob of butter. Blanch the pasta and strain before adding to the broccoli mix.
- Poached Eggs
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the vinegar and a pinch of salt and turn the heat down to a gentle simmer. Break the room temperature egg into a ramekin before pouring into the water. Simmer for 3 minutes before removing from the water.
- To present the dish smear a good spoon of cauliflower puree across the plate. Wind the linguine onto a fork and place on the plate. Perch the egg on top of the pasta and drizzle with a little truffle oil and rock salt, serve!
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce