Condensed milk gives these cookies a heavenly texture and benefit of staying fresh longer!
- 8 oz butter (softened)
- 4 oz muscovado sugar
- 4 tblsp sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 oz dried cranberries
- grated rind of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (for a fan oven) or 180°C for a normal convection oven.
- Using a handheld mixer (or your red KitchenAid!), cream the butter, sugar and condensed milk until light. Sift the flour and baking powder and stir into the mixture.
- Add the dark chocolate chips, dried cranberries and orange rind. Using a teaspoon to measure, roll the mixture into small balls, place on greased baking sheet and flatten with a fork dipped in water.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire tray.
More by Caroline Hennessy:
- Caroline's Braised lamb shanks with Orange Gremolata
- Caroline Hennessy's Love of Irish Lamb
- Chocolate Brownies