The combination of creamy raspberry filling and crumbly biscuit base is sure to impress!
- 600 g fresh cheese such as philadelphia etc
- 4 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 packet of breton "galette" biscuits
- 2 vanilla batons
- 125 g frozen raspberries
- 125 g fresh raspberries
- 30 g butter
- icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 210°C. Butter the cake mould.
- Crush the breton biscuits and mix with the 30g of softened butter.
- When this is done, spread these over the base of the cake tin.
- Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Whisk the cream cheese until it loosens, add the sugar, the vanilla grains (spilt and scraped), the egg yolks and the corn flour.
- Whisk the egg whites until firm and then put half into the previous mixture. Mix well, add the rest together with the frozen raspberries.
- When mixed well turn into the cake mould, place in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes at the existing temperature then lower to 150°C until cooked. Leave to cool, cover with cling film and place in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, un-mould and cover with fresh raspberries, then shake icing sugar on top.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes