A sophisticated dish.
- for the butter
- 100 g butter
- 2 diced shallots
- 1 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp ground almonds
- 1 cap pernod
- tabasco and lemon juice
- 200 g puff pastry
- clams (allow about a teaspoon of each cooked fish per portion)
- crab meat
- 1 fennel
- 2 carrot
- 2 tsp chives (chopped)
- 50 ml cream
- For the butter. Soften the butter at room temperature. Sweat the shallots, without colour and add to the softened butter. Then add the rest of the ingredients to the butter and mix well with a spoon, correct seasoning.
- Peel, prep and wash the fennel and carrots. Cut the fennel and carrots into small pieces .Sweat in a pot, without colour season and add a little water, cover with a lid and gently simmer until tender, drain well and puree then correct seasoning.
- Layer 2 sheets of puff pastry together, brush with a little water to stick.
- Cut 4 shaped pieces of pastry, place on a baking tray and bake at 200°C preheated oven for 15 mins
- Bring the cream to the boil and whisk in the snail butter. Add the cooked shellfish to the and heat through, do not boil, finish with chopped chives
- Remove the tops of the pastry and hollow out the centers, fill with the shellfish and sauce, arrange on a plate with the vegetable puree.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce