A delicious and easy dish.
- per person
- 1 breast of chicken
- 50 g seasoned flour
- 1 egg
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- for the banana fritters
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- baking powder
- 1 banana
- unsalted butter
- 30 ml milk
- Dip the chicken breast in the season flour: Beat the egg. Then dip the chicken into the breadcrumbs to coat thoroughly.
- Melt a little butter in the pan over a medium heat and then cook the chicken in this for around 8 minutes per side, turning once. Remove from heat when ready (finish in the oven if you prefer).
- Make the banana fritters by mixing together the flour, egg, teaspoon of baking powder and milk until a batter is formed. Dice the banana and mix into the batter. Melt a little butter in a frying pan and fry little rounds of the battered banana until golden brown.
- Serve these with the cooked chicken, garnished with chips or rice or potato croquettes.
Eamon's note: Some recipes call for a ring of pineapple on top and then half a cherry on top. Some recipes call for a cream or white sauce.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes