A dish that is as simple as it is tasty.
- packet of spaghetti or spaghettini
- bunch of fresh basil
- 4 lemons
- salt, black pepper
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- First cook the spaghetti. Drain and return to the saucepan with a little of the cooking water.
- Juice all the lemons and whisk this with around 150ml of the olive oil first and then add the grated parmesan - enough to make the emulsion thick. Now season this.
- Add this to the pasta in the sauce pan and mix it in well: at the last minute stir in all the chopped basil.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes