Quick, easy and tasty.
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- pinch of sea-salt
- water to form a paste.
- vegetables -choose from carrot, turnip, cauliflower, red pepper, aubergines, courgettes and mushrooms (preferably, shiitake)
- Slice up all the vegetables, not too thickly. Mix the flour, salt and water together to form dough and place the vegetables in this to soak. Place into hot oil and fry quickly until lightly golden. Place on kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve with brown rice drizzled with a few drops of shoyu or tamari sauce and a portion of cooked chick peas seasoned with garlic, sea-salt and oil.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes