Kevin Dundon's version of Vichy-style carrots, which are traditionally cooked in water from the famous spa.
- 450 g carrots (thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- 25 g butter
- 1 tblsp honey
- about 300 ml kitchen garden stock or water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the carrots in a small pan with the butter, honey and enough stock or water to just cover the carrots.
- Bring to the boil, then cook over a moderate to high heat for about 12 minutes until the carrots are tender and all of the liquid has evaporated, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, toast the sesame seeds in a heavy-based frying pan. Tip on to a plate and leave to cool. When the carrots are cooked, tip in the sesame seeds and toss until evenly coated. Season to taste.
- To serve: Spoon the honey-glazed carrots into a warmed serving dish.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon