A satisfying lunch!
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 large scallions
- 1 radish
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 green pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tin of tuna in spring water or olive oil
- 1 tin quality anchovies
- 1 head of oak leaf lettuce
- 3 parts olive oil
- 1 part good white wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp dijon mustard
- salt/ pepper
- Take a glass bowl, rub the inside all over with garlic.
- Make the vinaigrette sauce by combining, the oil, vinegar and mustard. Season with pepper and add to it the chopped basil.
- Cut the tomatoes and the hard-boiled egg into quarters.
- Slice the scallions and the radish. Thinly slice the stick of celery. Finely dice the green pepper.
- Separate the leaves of oak leaf, place these in the bowl.
- Add the other chopped ingredients, sprinkle the lot with salt and toss well.
- Add to this the tuna and the anchovies.
- Serve in the bowl and spoon the vinaigrette over this when ready to serve.
- Seasonal additions may include artichokes and other kinds of lettuce.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes