An expertly flavoured curry.
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 root ginger (peeled)
- big handful fresh coriander
- big handful fresh basil
- 2 green chillis (seeded)
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 1 tblsp vinegar
- 1 tblsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tblsp curry powder
- 4 - 6 chicken breasts (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 6 tomatoes, skinned (de-seeded and cut into quarters)
- bunch spring onions (finely chopped)
- Dry fry the seeds over a low heat for a couple of minutes. Put in food processor.
- Add seasoning, garlic and ginger, the coriander, basil, chillis, fish sauce and vinegar. Add enough water so that it blends into a smooth liquid. Set aside.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large saucepan, and sauté the onions until soft.
- Add the curry powder, chicken and cook for a couple of minutes until the chicken is well coated.
- Add the green paste and coconut milk. Cook slowly for about 20 minutes then add the tomatoes. Cook for another few minutes, add the spring onions and serve.
- Serve with jasmine rice that's been seasoned with cinnamon stick and pickled lemons.
More by Domini Kemp:
- Rhubarb Clafoutis: Domini Kemp, Today show
- Fish Goujons the Domini Kemp way on Today
- Domini Kemp's Irish Stew