Cod with a tasty little something on the side.
- 4 fillets of cod (150g each)
- 30 g butter
- 100 g flour
- 12 baby potatoes, sliced 1/2 centimetre thick
- 1/2 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 4-5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 lemon (zested and cut into wedges)
- 50 g butter
- 1 dessertspoo oil
- Select a large pan and heat with the butter content (30g)
- Add the salt and pepper to the flour and toss the fish in flour until it is all coated - this gives a nice crust to the fish at a later stage.
- Pan fry flesh side down on a hot pan until sealed on both sides and then return it to the oven for 10-12 minutes or depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the potatoes into thin slices. Heat a large pan with the butter and oil. Pan fry potatoes gently on both sides and then reduce the heat to low.
- Add in thinly sliced onion, lemon zest and wedges together with the thyme and fry for 5-6 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and onions have softened.
- To serve:
- Arrange the potatoes onto a large serving platter, pile the fish on top of the potatoes and arrange the pan roasted lemon wedges beside the fish.
- Garnish with buttered French beans if desired.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon