This curry is sure to become a family favourite!
- 115 g shaved coconut flesh
- 2 dssp curry powder or paste
- 2 green chillies (chopped)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 70 ml coconut liquid
- 1 dssp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch (2.5cm) root ginger
- 280 ml coconut milk
- 225-285g prawns
- 115 g fresh pineapple
- 1 lemon rind and juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 dssp parsley (freshly chopped)
- 1 banana
- 1 mango
- In this recipe either use the flesh from a fresh coconut or buy coconut shavings already prepared.
- Mix the coconut flesh, curry powder, chillies and spring onions together.
- Add the coconut liquid or a little water, and mix to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add the paste and cook for a further 2 minutes until the flavour intensifies and a little of the liquid evaporates off.
- Add the coconut milk and stir well before adding the cooked, shelled prawns, pineapple, banana, mango, lemon juice and rind.
- Bring up to simmering point and cook slowly for 10-12 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.