A hearty soup to keep hunger at bay.
- 4 red peppers (halved and de-seeded)
- 6 plum tomatoes (skinned and de-seeded)
- 1 chilli (diced and de-seeded)
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 stick celery (diced)
- 1 tblsp tomato paste
- 1 l hot chicken stock
- 4 tblsp diced chorizo
- 4 tblsp blanched white beans
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Place the tomatoes and peppers in a roasting tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 25 minutes. When they have cooled, remove the skins.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce-pan, cook the onion, garlic and chilli until soft.
- Add the peppers, tomato, carrot and celery. Gently cook for 3 minutes, add paste & chicken stock, simmer for 30 minutes. Liquidise and season to taste. Add beans and chorizo.
- Take 4 warmed bowls, and serve the soup with some basil leaves and drizzle with olive oil.