Sample this fine Malagan cuisine.
- 20 dublin bay prawns (langoustines)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice of 1 lemon
- 50 g creme fraiche
- for the dressing:
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 dessertspoo flat leaf parsley
- Peel and thinly slice the prawns and arrange in a circle around the middle of the plate.
- Sprinkle with a little lemon juice and a twist of black pepper.
- Meanwhile using a mandolin slice long strips of cucumber and rool into a circular (Cannelloni like shape) and arrange on the middle of the prawns.
- Fill this with an avocado mousse.
- Remove the flesh from an avocado and mash it together with some lemon juice, black pepper and the crème fraiche.
- Pipe this stuffing (farce) into the cucumber roll and make it nice and neat in shape. Decorate with some macro greens or some flat leaf parsley.
- Meanwhile make the dressing.
- Toast the pine nuts in the oven or on a very hot pan.
- Squeeze the lemon and lime juice into the olive oil and mix completely.
- Finely chop the flat leaf parsley also and add to the oil and finally mix in the pine nuts.
- Drizzle this mixture around the side of the plates.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops