Try this tasty chocolate and vanilla dish.
- 150 ml double cream
- 200 g good white chocolate
- 1 vanilla pod
- Break the white chocolate up into pieces and place in a bowl.
- Split the vanilla pod in two lengthways and put it in a saucepan with the cream.
- Bring to the boil, and pour over the white chocolate.
- Leave for a few minutes to melt under the heat of the cream, then remove the vanilla pod, and scrape out the little black beans with the blade of a knife.
- Stir the cream and chocolate until it is smooth and all the chocolate has melted.
- Place in the fridge and cool for at least 3 or 4 hours.
- When the ganache (for that’s what you’ve made) is completely chilled, whip it up into a rich mousse with electric beaters and serve with fresh raspberries or strawberries.
More by Trish Deseine:
- Recipe: Trish Deseine, Durrus Tartiflette, Today
- Moroccan Lamb
- Apple Compote with Crème Anglaise and Burned Butter Sauce