With the summer upon us, why not move your dishes with the season, and make this sassy summer salad!
- 1 breast of chicken (skinless)
- six scallions, chopped
- 1 or 2 baby gem lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- peanut oil
- 2 fiery red chillis
- 1 tblsp rice wine
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tblsp sesame oil
- 1 tblsp sesame seeds
- small piece of fresh ginger
- peanut butter
- 60 g bean sprouts
- 2 carrots (grated)
- Place the breast of chicken in a pot with water and some of the chopped scallions: allow to poach for about 5 minutes and then drain, refresh and shred the chicken.
- Heat some peanut oil in a pan and quickly fry the chopped chillis, the seame seeds, sugar. After a minute add the rice wine and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Make the salad by mixing the rest of the scallions with the grated carrots and beansprouts. Arrange the leaves of little gem on a plate and scatter the other ingredients around this. Top this with the shredded chicken and spoon the sauce over this. Sprinkle with a julienne of cucumber that has been seeded and finally a little more toasted sesame seed.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes