An international-inspired dish with traditional Irish lamb
- 400 g lamb chops
- 1 large can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- juice of a lemon
- about 8-10 frozen pre-prepared artichoke hearts
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan. Brown the lamb with the chopped garlic, add the tin of tomatoes and enough water to cover the meat. Bring to the boil, add the artichokes and the cumin, season lightly and simmer for about 45 minutes until the meat and artichokes are tender. Adjust the seasoning, garnish with fresh chopped flatleaf parsley and coriander.
- Tip: Use shoulder of lamb or chicken pieces instead of the chops. Serve with potatoes on the side, or peel and chop them and add to the ragout 20 minutes after starting to simmer.
More by Trish Deseine:
- Recipe: Trish Deseine, Durrus Tartiflette, Today
- Moroccan Lamb
- Apple Compote with Crème Anglaise and Burned Butter Sauce