Great tasting homemade sausages.
- 450 g pork (fat and lean, without skin or gristle)
- 450 g lean veal
- 450 g beef suet
- 225 g finely chopped toulouse sausage
- 225 g breadcrumbs
- 1/2 rind of lemon
- 1 small nutmeg
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Chop the pork, veal and suet finely together, add the breadcrumbs, lemon-peel (which should be well-minced), and a small grated nutmeg.
- Add the finely chopped Toulouse Sausage with the remaining ingredients, to the sausage meat, and when thoroughly mixed, either put the meat into skins (you can get skins from your local butcher) or form it into little cakes.
- These should be floured and fried in a small amount of oil or on the BBQ for 5 - 10 minutes and served with fresh Bread.