Bite size brunch delights with Kevin Dundon.
- 2 tsp butter
- 200 g potato, grated
- 100 g spinach
- 4 egg yolks
- 40 ml white wine vinegar
- 240 g clarified butter (ghee)
- 160 g smoked salmon
- 4 tblsp parmesan cheese (grated)
- 4 poached eggs
- Melt the butter in a small pan and press the potato onto the base of the pan.
- Cook the potato until golden brown on one side, then flip it over with a palette knife and cook on the other side. Season and keep warm.
- Place the spinach in a small saucepan and heat gently until it just starts to wilt, then season.
- To make the hollandaise, place the egg yolks and white wine vinegar in a small bowl and whisk over a pan of hot water until thickened. Gradually add the butter by pouring it and whisking it into the yolk mixture.
- Pour and whisk, working quickly, until all the butter is used up. Season to taste.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the rosti (potato) on a heatproof serving plate and the spinach on top.
- Then add the smoked salmon, cover with the hollandaise and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place under the grill until the hollandaise is light brown. Sprinkle the chives on top, cut into wedges and serve.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Fragrant Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
- Fish and Chips with Minted Peas: Kevin Dundon
- Fiery Fajitas with Salsa: Kevin Dundon