A collection of meat, cheese and olives that sets up any Italian meal perfectly.
- 8 slices parma ham
- 1 large wedge of parmegiano reggiano (authentic parmesan cheese)
- marinated vegetables (red peppers, aubergines or artichokes)
- extra virgin olive oil
- a bowl of mixed olives
- sea salt
- 8 grissini (bread sticks)
- On a big plate, arrange the salami in one corner and then place the wedge of parmesan cheese in another corner with a sharp knife beside it so that guests can cut themselves a piece.
- Wrap the breadsticks half way with a slice of parma ham and place in another corner. Place the marinated vegetables in a bowl on the plate.
- Lastly pour the olive oil in to a small bowl and place in the middle of the plate with a small bowl of sea salt and a bowl of mixed olives.
- To Serve:
- Serve with a chilled bottle of Prosecco di Valdobbiadene (Italian sparkling wine)! It's a very easy fruity wine with a nice smooth texture and is a great value Italian sparkler, from one of the best estates in Italy (Valdobbiadene); the fruit aromas and flavours are simply delicious.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show