Keep out the chills with a bowl of this tasty soup.
- 1 tablepsoon groundnut oil
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots (finely diced)
- 1 large onion (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 0.5 celeriac (finely diced)
- 2 sticks celery (finely sliced, reserving and chopping the leaves)
- 2 rooster potatoes (peeled and finely diced)
- 0.5 leek (finely diced)
- 1.2 l home-made ham stock (or organic chicken stock cube)
- 1 medium courgette (finely diced)
- 2 tblsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 75 g chorizo (very finely sliced)
- to serve:
- freshly grated parmesan
- crusty bread
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan over a medium heat and sweat the carrots for 2 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and sweat for a further 1 minute.
- Next, add the celeriac and sweat for 2 minutes, then the celery for 1 minute, and finally the potato and leek for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour the stock in to just cover the vegetables and bring slowly to the boil. Stir the courgette through and return to the boil. Season to taste. Remove from the heat and stir the parsley, celery leaves and chorizo slices into the soup.
- Serve the warm soup with freshly shaved parmesan and crusty bread.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips