A super dish that's light on your pocket from Aldi's Garth McColgan.
- 5 red and yellow peppers (diced)
- 3 onions (roughly chopped)
- 100 g butter
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 or 6 chicken breasts
- 1 tub crème fraîche
- basmati rice
- Gently sauté the peppers and onions in the butter over a low to medium heat (covered) for 15-20 mins until soft.
- Add the stock cube and blend the mixture, using a hand blander (be careful – it’s hot!).
- Pop the chicken breasts into the liquidised vegetables and poach gently for 15 – 20 minutes depending on how big the pieces are.
- Spoon the crème fraîche over the chicken. Serve with steamed basmati rice, or long grain rice.
Garth's tip: Mix chives through the crème fraîche for extra flavour.