Simone Kelly serves smoked quail on sourdough.
- 4 gubbeen smoked quail
- 4 slices of toasted sourdough
- black olive tapenade
- 1 clove of garlic
- mixed salad leaves
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil,balsamic vinegar.
- for the black olive tapenade:
- 6 oz black pitted olives
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 heaped teaspoon of salted capers (rinsed)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- large handful of basil and flat leaved parsley
- Blend all of the above ingredients to a rough paste.
- To assemble rub the toasted sourdough with garlic and olive oil. Spread the toast with a generous layer of Tapenade. Remove the legs from the quail, slice the breast and place it on the Tapenade. Garnish with dressed salad leaves.