Fillet of Beef with Barley, Horseradish Crème Fraiche and Sauté Wild Mushrooms
A culinary Six Nations.
- for the beef:
- 4 5oz beef fillet – season to taste
- for the horseradish crème fraiche:
- 200 ml crème fraiche- hung overnight in a cloth to remove the excess water
- 30 g fresh grated horseradish
- for the barley:
- 400 g pearl barley (soaked in cold water overnight)
- 1 onion whole
- 1 carrot whole
- 1 celery stick whole
- 2 clove garlic whole
- 1 spring thyme
- 1 l chicken stock
- for the sauté wild mushrooms:
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 1 spring parsley
- 500 ml demi-glaze
- 250 g mixed wild mushroom
- 100 g diced smoked bacon
- For the Beef:
- In a pan add a drop of vegetable oil, add fillets and cook on each side for 3/4 min. For well done cook more.
- For the Horseradish Crème Fraiche:
- Mix the horseradish with the crème fraiche and season.
- For the Barley:
- Drain the water from barley, add the rest of the ingredients cover with a lid and simmer for 40 min until soft
- For the Sauté Wild Mushrooms:
- Sauté the bacon and mushrooms in vegetable oil then strain to remove any excess fat
- Mix the barley, demi-glaze, mushrooms and bacon and bring to boil.
- Finish with chopped parsley.
- Serve on four plates, place the barley in the middle of the plate add the beef fillet and top up with a spoon of horseradish crème fraiche.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say