- 4 200g fillets of turbot (keep any bones and skin removed)
- 15 g butter (melted)
- ½ lemon
- 25 ml white wine
- parsley stalks
- buttered greaseproof paper
- 1 tblsp fine aged balsamic vinegar
- for the vegetables:
- 25 g butter
- 8 baby fennels
- 12 vine tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Brush the fish with the butter and sqeeze a little lemon juice over each fillet. Place any left over bones or fish skins on a baking tray along with the parsley stalks and place the fillets on top. Drizzle with the wine and cover with the buttered paper and bake in the oven until just cooked, this will take about 5-8 minutes.
- Braise the fennel in a frying pan with a little water and butter for about 20 minutes or until the fennel is tender. Place the tomatoes in the oven for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Place two stalks of baby fennel on the serving plate and put the turbot on top. Garnish with the roast vine tomatoes and drizzle with some reduced balsamic vinegar.