- 225 g basmati rice
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 55 g butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 115 g smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 115 g smoked duck (sliced)
- 3 tblsp double cream
- 3 tblsp chopped parsley
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs (hard-boiled and quartered)
- Cook the rice in plenty of salted boiling water in a large saucepan for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse with boiling water, then drain again.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan or wok and add the onion.
- Fry gently for 10 minutes, stirring now and then. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric and chilli powder . Mix in well and cook gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the drained rice, mixing well.
- Mix in the smoked salmon and smoked duck.
- Stir in the cream, 2 tablespoons of parsley, lemon zest and juice and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Top the kedgeree with the quartered eggs, sprinkle over the remaining parsley and serve.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say