- 2 sides of organic salmon (de-scaled and pin boned)
- 6 bulbs of fennel (sliced and green sprigs removed but kept)
- lemon juice
- Prepare the salmon.
- Sprinkle one side of salmon liberally with the fennel sprigs, chilli, salt and lemon juice.
- Place the second side of salmon on top, flesh to flesh.
- Tie with twine, along the fish.
- Cut the salmon into even-sized pieces, between the twine, as that’s what’s holding it together.
- Drizzle some oil over the salmon, and place on the barbeque.
- Roughly 10 minutes cooking time per inch of thickness.
- Richard cooked the salmon rare, however it can be cooked for longer to allow the salmon to cook the whole way through.