- two artichokes
- 100 g ripe blue cheese (roquefort, cashel blue, stilton)
- 250 ml single cream
- salt and pepper
- Put the artichokes in the steaming basket over a large pot of boiling water. Cover and steam for about 50 minutes. The leaves at the base of the stem should pull away easily. (If you don’t have a steaming set up, simply boil the artichokes and drain them well).
- Remove from the pot and cool.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan with the blue cheese until it melts. Whisk lightly to help along the process.
- Add a little pepper (and salt if needed) and serve in a dipping bowl beside the artichokes.
- Dip the base of the leaves into the sauce as you go along. Then, when you arrive at the final disc, pour some sauce over it and finish the job!