- 3 large egg whites
- 125 g castor sugar
- 125 g sieved plain flour
- 55 g cubed and chilled butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g chopped hazelnuts
- Place flour, caster sugar and butter in food processor, blend until they resemble fine bread crumbs.
- Add vanilla extract and egg whites and allow to mix until a smooth paste in formed. Put into fridge for 2 hours
- Line a tray with baking parchment, spoon a small amount of the biscuit mixture onto it and spread the mixture out with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Bake at 180°C for 6 to 10 minutes until golden around edges.
- Allow to cool on wire tray and when cold transfer to an airtight container.
- If there is any biscuit mixture left over, it can be frozen.