- 450 g plain chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 5 eggs (separated)
- 600 ml cream
- 1 fun size mars bar (chopped)
- 50 g cornflakes lightly (crushed)
- for the chocolate shards
- 50 g plain chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 50 g white chocolate (broken into pieces)
- for the chocolate ganache
- 75 g plain chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 85 ml cream (plus a little extra if necessary)
- handful small halved strawberries and raspberries to decorate
- Select 6 x 200ml capacity teacups and line them with cling film. Melt the plain chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool a little. Lightly beat the egg yolks, then whisk into the melted chocolate. Whip the cream in a bowl until you have achieved soft peaks, then whisk into the chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, and then fold into the chocolate mixture. Divide among the lined teacups and chill for at least 2 hours or, preferably, overnight. When the chocolate mousse has set, melt the Mars bars in a small pan. Remove from the heat and fold in the cornflakes. Leave to cool a little, and then add a layer to each chocolate mousse to form a crunchy base. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours; (up to one month, if required).
- To make the chocolate ganache, heat the chocolate and cream for 1-2 minutes until melted, stirring constantly. The consistency should coat the back of a wooden spoon. If you think it is too thick, add a little more cream. Invert the teacups onto a wire rack set over a clean tray and then carefully peel away the cling film. Ladle a little of the chocolate ganache over each one until completely coated, allowing the excess to drip onto the tray below. Using a spatula, scrape the excess chocolate ganache into a pan and reheat gently. Leave to cool a little.
- To Serve:
- Using a fresh slice, transfer the coated chocolate mousses onto a serving plates and leave to defrost at room temperature for 10 minutes, then decorate with the strawberries and raspberries and drizzle around the cooled chocolates ganache. Now, working quickly, remove the sheet of chocolate shards from the freezer and peel away the cling film, then break into shards and stick two into the top of each Dunbrody Kiss.