- 6 each, red and yellow peppers
- 1 loaf of country italian bread such as pugliese or ciabatta
- extra-virgin olive oil
- black pepper and sea-salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 50 g capers
- 120 g quality marinated anchovies
- Begin by grilling the peppers all over until blackened: to remove the skins, place all of these into a plastic bag and seal it. Leave until they have cooled.
- When cool enough rub the peppers with your hands and the skin will come off; rinse under cold water to remove the seeds.
- Place all the peppers on a large platter and arrange over them thin slices of garlic, the anchovies, fresh basil and some salt and pepper. When ready, dress generously with the olive oil.
- Before serving, slice the bread and rub all over first with raw garlic, then drizzle with olive oil. Use your grill to toast on both sides or use a grill pan or ordinary non stick frying pan over a high-heat. Serve with the charred peppers.