- 4 eggs
- little butter for cooking
- 60 g approx of chilled butter (in small cubes)
- salt, pepper
- mixed mushrooms (girolles, morels, flat caps, etc.)
- sprig of thyme
- bay leaf
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- black peppercorns
- 1 clove
- large glass of good red wine
- 1 slice per person of crusty country bread
- splash of white wine vinegar
- Begin by buttering the pan, then salt and pepper it. Add the eggs to this one by one over a low heat. Sprinkle the thicker part of the egg white with salt. Place a lid on the pan for a few minutes to aid the cooking of the yolk.
- In a smaller pan, melt a little butter and saute all the mushrooms which have been julienned/ Salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile reduce the wine with all the other ingredients in a saucepan by bringing to the boil, allow to flame and simmer. When reduced by two-thirds and of a syrupy consistency, thicken it with 60g of chilled butter, whisked in.
- Grill the bread and place on a plate. Surround with the julienne of mushrooms. Strain the sauce and drizzle around the bread.