- 4 heads of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 small bunch of fresh thyme
- 2 l water
- a little creme fraiche
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 rashers of bacon
- salt and black pepper
- small amount of olive oil
- Peel all the heads of garlic followed by the onion and the shallots.
- Rinse the thyme. Now begin by sweating the garlic cloves in a little olive oil for one or two minutes before adding the chopped onion and the shallots. Do not allow to colour.
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes and add all of these to the garlic and onions. Crumble in the chicken stock cube then add the water.
- Mix well then allow to simmer gently for around 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked. Blend in a mixer and add a little creme fraiche once done. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
- Pan fry the bacon until crispy then chop up into small dice. Lightly toast croutons.
- When ready to serve, place equal amounts of bacon and croutons in each bowl, then gently pour the soup on top.