- 60g stale white bread
- 1 small red onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 600 g (about 6) tomatoes (skinned and de-seeded)
- 1 red pepper (de-seeded and chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1/2-1 teaspoon spanish hot smoked paprika to taste
- 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 50 ml ice cold water
- salt, black pepper
- Put the bread in a shallow dish, cover with water and leave to soak for 10- 15 minutes.
- Put the onion in a separate Bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for same time. Drain the Onion.
- Put the bread, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, chopped pepper, garlic, cumin seed, paprika and Olive oil in a food processor whiz well, then add the vinegar, sugar if needed and the water.
- Push the soup through a fine sieve, adding a little extra chilled water if it is too thick. Season to taste, cover and chill until needed. To serve in a chilled shot glass.