A great Winter warmer.
- 240 g butter
- 270 g dark chocolate
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 250 g sugar
- 120 g flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Butter and flour a spring-back cake tin.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Add to the chocolate and fold in the flour. Beat the egg whites until frothy and forming soft peaks.
- Fold into the cake mixture, pour into prepared cake tin and bake for about 45 minutes, or until sides of the cake are set, but the middle is still soft.
- Allow to cool and serve with ginger Bailey’s cream.
- Served with ginger cream - whip 200 ml cream with 1 tablespoon icing sugar, good splash cream liqueur and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
More by Domini Kemp:
- Rhubarb Clafoutis: Domini Kemp, Today show
- Fish Goujons the Domini Kemp way on Today
- Domini Kemp's Irish Stew