Try this quick and easy risotto treat.
- 300 g arborio rice
- 1500 ml chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 dash white wine
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 3 diced shallot
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 200 g streaky bacon
- 200 g petite pois
- 20 g parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch thyme
- Bring the stock to a simmer. In a second pot add the olive oil over a gentle heat and add in the chopped bacon until crisp and golden.
- Lower the heat and add the Shallots and cook slowly over a low heat for 5 minutes, as the shallots become transparent add the thyme and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the Arborio rice, stirring until the grains are well coated in the juices. Add a ladle full of the hot stock at a time, stirring until it has been absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock a ladle at a time until it has all been absorbed or the rice has become tender. (This will take about 18 minutes.)
- Now add the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes. Finish with the parmesan cheese and serve.
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce