One of the first dishes Meena Pathak developed - and always a favourite.
- 3 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic (diced)
- 4 green cardamom pods (bruised)
- 3 tblsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- 650 g chicken breast, skin removed and boneless (diced)
- 4 tblsp patak's korma paste
- 50 g tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 ml natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and the bay leaves.
- Cook until the onion begins to turn a light golden brown.
- Add the garlic, green cardamom pods and half the coriander.
- Add the diced chicken and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, until the meat is sealed.
- Add the Korma paste and stir.
- Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and salt. Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the cream and yoghurt and bring to a simmer.
- Sprinkle over some desiccated coconut and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves.